Engin ÇAKAR, MD, Prof. has more than 20 years of experience in the rehabilitation of Stroke and Brain Injury. He also has wide range of experience in healthcare services and health tourism organizations. He understands the importance of introducing the right patient to the right health professional and center.
Revolutionizing Rehabilitation: The Benefits of the Alter G Treadmill
The Alter G Treadmill is a game-changing device that uses differential air pressure technology to reduce the force of gravity acting on the body. Alter G originally developed for NASA astronauts. By reducing the effect of gravity, our patients can return to movement without pain, improve their well-being and increase their performance.
How the Alter G Treadmill Works
The Alter G Treadmill uses positive air pressure to reduce the force of gravity acting on the body. This technology allows the therapist to reduce patients body weight by up to 80% of their total weight. This means that low-impact, pain-free exercises can be performed, even in the early stages of rehabilitation. As the patient’s muscles get stronger, their self-confidence rises, and their fear of falling decreases.
Advantages of Using the Alter G Treadmill
The Alter G Treadmill adds several advantages into our rehabilitation methods:
- It allows our patients to perform exercises that increase balance, strength and endurance, especially walking and running.
- It provides a safe environment that protects against falling.
- It increases the range of motion of the joint, allowing for wider movements, and the improvement in recorded objective parameters increases motivation.
- It provides walking data in real-time, monitors with video, and accelerates the development of the person’s live feedback gait.
- It is easy to use, and patient compliance and treatment attendance rates are high.
Conditions Treated with the Alter G Treadmill
The Alter G Treadmill is used to treat various conditions, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Tumor
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Broken bones
- Anterior cruciate ligament repair
- Hip and knee joint prosthesis
- Achilles injury and repair
- Meniscus repair
- Obesity and Chronic Diseases
We know that walking is a challenging task, and even minor discomfort can make it difficult. The Alter G Treadmill is a powerful tool that allows our patients to regain their mobility and improve their quality of life.